Thursday, November 10, 2016

DAY 1



DAY 1 : Give a ride to someone

This was more than just giving a ride to someone. It wasn't a stranger, not a friend. It was a person I see daily. A coworker. A certain coworker that I don't necessarily adore. This person gets on my nerves from time to time. This person seems fake to me. Bah, I don't need to go into the details of my feelings towards this person. Let's just say, not my favorite.

I was running late. She was running late. She said she was having car troubles and ended up taking the train. I know the train station is kind of far of a walk to the office, especially considering we were already late. So I offered to pick her up at the station and take her the rest of the way.
This was out of my comfort zone as I really don't like these type of awkward, small talk conversation moments. But I figured, if I were riding the train, and had to walk so far to work, I'd take a ride if I could. So, sure why not!

It was quick and relatively easy.

We get to work and I heard her telling someone else that she got pulled over the night before because the police officer ran her plates. He had no reason to pull her over though. She didn't have her license or anything with her at the time. She was afraid of what might happen considering the state of relations between police and the black community at this time. She was shook. I can understand that. She could've told me that but didn't. She probably thinks I don't understand. And while I don't walk in those shoes, I can place myself in that situation and feel those feelings. Your feelings are right, true, and okay to have. So, I hope I made her feel safe getting to work. I hope she was glad she didn't have to walk so far from the train station. If anything, I hope she appreciated the gesture and had an easier day.



No comments:

Post a Comment