Thursday, November 10, 2016

Fail

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I was still feeling sad about the election. Still in shock and disappointment in the people of this country. How can so many people actually vote for such a horrible person to be president? Then I see so much negativity online about this and that and different kinds of people.
I feel tired. And I see people of color saying I shouldn't feel the ways I fee because I'm white. Because I don't walk in the same shoes. Because I don't have the same oppression. But I do have oppression. I have empathy and I hurt for everyone. I really do. I am not one of those people telling you that your feelings aren't valid so don't tell me mine aren't. I am the one that stands next to you while WE fight for equality. For everyone. Just as you don't want to be seen as only your race or religion, or to be lumped in with some of the people that are bad, neither do I. Just because I'm white doesn't mean my life is perfect. Just because I don't want to be seen as your oppressor doesn't mean I don't recognize and want to change your oppression. I'm just sick of seeing crap against any group of people. Everyone is hurting so bad right now and it makes me sick.
Back to my story.
i was driving home from work.
I saw a homeless lady sitting in the grass on the side of the road. She had a bunch of bags with her, strewn across the sidewalk. I drove through Burger King really quickly and pulled over. I got out of the car and asked her if she was okay. She said she was and was just taking a break from walking. Long story short, she said she was going to the bus stop and got tired. Her bungee chord broke and her stuff fell out everywhere. I offered her the burger but she refused. I offered her a ride but she said no. I left feeling stupid. My husband said I was too pushy.
Why even try?
I'm not sure if I should continue with this Act of Kindness journey.
Maybe people need it but they don't want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment