Thursday, November 10, 2016

I Do Nice Things

Not sure where to start. I'm trying to make a blog just to document a journey I am setting out on for the next two months.
I want to end this craptastic year of 2016 with a bang. I want to end it in a positive way.

I had a really bad encounter with a coworker the other day. And I started to reflect on this person and why she is so negative all the time.
Then, I go online and see nothing but negativity and hatred towards each other. This election has got people really torn apart from one another.
I think everyone is just so sick of all the negativity and arguing, and they are so tired. Tired of all the bad things happening. Tired of being perceived as a bad person based on race, religion, or gender. People feel hated and they truly aren't, by most of us.
I have always celebrated different cultures and lifestyles and actually go out of my way to educate myself on them. For example: I have read parts of the Koran - when hateful lies are spread I go and educate myself on the truth. I have read blogs and articles and spoke to transgender people as well as black lives matter supporters about the current issues. I know where people are coming from who don't know anyone other than people just like them. I see and interact with impoverished and disadvantaged populations of our country every single day.
I know what we all need.
We need some kindness and love shown towards each other.
It won't solve huge problems or change laws but a little friendliness and kindness actually goes a long way sometimes.

(And yes I know what would truly make the world a better place is some understanding, tolerance, education etc. but I'm just one person and here's where I start!)

I had a client a few days ago just go on and on about how nice I am, and how it was unexpected, which is sad. Another person gave me a hug for helping her, and she left with a huge smile on her face. This is what we need.

It didn't take anything away from me to give some happiness to someone else.

So I've decided to do random, er, not-so-random acts of kindness each day from now until the end of the year. Some things I have written down and other days I will wing it, let the opportunity present itself. I also will not count every thing. A lot of things I already do, a lot of things aren't fair (example: I was going to work for my mom for free but I already owe her money lol).

I have already completed two acts, I will document them separately. But yea, here we go. I'm excited to see some smiles and make some people actually happy!


*side note: I started this one Friday, November 4. I am transferring all of this from a different website. This blog is easier to use. I also would like to make it private...

No comments:

Post a Comment